Another Hits the Dust

>> Saturday, August 22, 2009

Okay, I am going to finally admit this to myself. I am very hard on sewing machines especially lower end models. I have a very nice high end embroidery/sewing machine, a nice serger and really cheap everyday sewing machine that I use about 80% of the time on my projects and well it seems that about every two years the cheap one totally dies on me. One year I paid 175 dollars twice to fix this Janome that I loved and then after it died for the third time, I bought a Singer from Walmart. Well after battling for months with the Singer it died or not really, but I am giving up on it. I am just tired of dealing with the jamming bobbin and I don't think it is worth fixing. So I am in the market for a new cheap machine. I think I am upping my budget from 200 dollars to a max of 600 dollars. Hoping price buys a little more years of life. If you have any suggestion please let me know. Until then I probably won't be crafting to much. Just finishing up a few embroidery projects. Here is my final project on my singer. Some burp cloths that I will be monogramming for a friend. Got the idea from Digistitches.com.


Oh and if you're asking yourself why does she not just sew on her really nice machine. Well I am just terrified of messing it up. So I really only use it for embroidery and sometimes quilting. I am just too afraid of hurting it.

And on a final note as for my Fat for Fat update. I am down 5.6lbs in 5 weeks. So 1 lb a week. Not bad especially since the business trip I took two weeks ago set me back a few. I am going to wait until 6 lbs to reward myself. So I am on the look out for some great fabrics.

3 comments:

Unknown August 23, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

Good luck on a new machine hunt . I have an old Janome about 25 years old and I really make it work hard , lol !

jabeybaby August 23, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

I have a brother CS6000I. I have had it about 3 years and I love it. I bought one for my Mom for Christmas last year and she loves hers too. It only cost about $300 but it has tons of stitches and a push button start(I hate foot pedals!).

Theressa August 26, 2009 at 6:38 AM  

Amy,
What kind of machine is your "good" machine? I started out on a Janome 10000 that was my Aunt's as a loaner and then Kenneth got me the most awesome machine for Mother's Day- a designer 1 by Husqvarna Viking. I understand the fear of messing up a good machine but oh it has so many features and feet - I think I have only used like 3 feet on the machine and it comes with like 15... But I am sure you could get a really nice sewing machine for that price. I will check with my Viking dealer to see if they have a machine in your price range as I really love my machine. The stitch quality is fantastic. Also I love all of your projects and love checking out your blog. The burp cloths are so cute! You have such a good eye for fabric.
Theressa

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP